Faculty of Science, Niigata University

  • Acces
  • Contact
  • Site Map
Home>Historical Chart

Historical Chart

May. 1949 Faculty of Science was established with 5 Departments of Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mineralogy and Geology by the National School Establishment Law
Aug. 1953 Establishment of Sado Marine Biological Station.
Jul. 1955 Special Study Courses in Science established.
Apr. 1965 Establishment of Graduate School for Master Courses of Science (Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mineralogy and Geology). Special Study Courses discontinued.
May. 1970 Faculty of Science moves to new Ikarashi Campus from Nishi-Ohata.
Apr. 1978 Establishment of Research Institute for Hazards in Snowy Areas.
Apr. 1985 Establishment of Graduate School of Science for Fundamental Science (Latter Three-Year Course for Doctor Program).
Apr. 1987 Establishment of Graduate School of Science and Technology (Latter Three-Year Course for Doctor Program: Fundamental Science and Technology, Biosystem Science and Industrial Science and Environmental Science). Graduate School of Science for Fundamental Science transferred to the Graduate School of Science and Technology.
Apr. 1994 Establishment of Department of Environmental Science. Department of Mineralogy and Geology reorganized into Department of Geology.
Apr. 1995 Graduate School of Science, Engineering and Agriculture reorganized into Graduate School of Science and Technology (First Two-Years Course: Master's Program).
 
Vw